[CIG-MC] problem with initial condition for CitcomS???

Bradford Hager bhhager at MIT.EDU
Thu May 23 13:00:51 PDT 2013

Scott-

If I understand your description, it sounds like you are getting what you asked for.  L=20, M=20 is totally sectoral, so M=19 should be almost sectoral, with 1 zero crossing in latitude.  M=0 should give 20 zero sings in latitude.  M=1 should give 2 zero crossings in longitude and 19 in latitude.

I think that what you want in order to get a checkerboard is M=10.