[CIG-MC] Regarding compilation of ASPECT software using intel C/C++ compiler

Wolfgang Bangerth bangerth at math.tamu.edu
Thu Jun 5 08:43:02 PDT 2014

Rohit,

> The installation of ASPECT software based on the user manual upto
> section 3.2 of the installation section went fine with initial
> configuration of ASPECT with libraries built successfully.
> While compiling the ASPECT using the make command I encountered the
> following error messages:
>
> [ 63%] Building CXX object
> CMakeFiles/aspect.dir/source/simulator/solver.cc.o
> [ 63%] Building CXX object
> CMakeFiles/aspect.dir/source/simulator/helper_functions.cc.o
> [ 63%] Building CXX object
> CMakeFiles/aspect.dir/source/simulator/introspection.cc.o
> [ 63%] Building CXX object
> CMakeFiles/aspect.dir/source/simulator/assembly.cc.o
> [ 72%] Building CXX object
> CMakeFiles/aspect.dir/source/simulator/nullspace.cc.o
> /import/buserror-data/rranjan/aspect-1.0/source/simulator/nullspace.cc:
> In member function ‘void
> aspect::Simulator<dim>::remove_net_angular_momentum(aspect::LinearAlgebra::BlockVector&,
> aspect::LinearAlgebra::BlockVector&) [with int dim = 2]’:
> /import/buserror-data/rranjan/aspect-1.0/source/simulator/nullspace.cc:193:
> error: using ‘typename’ outside of template
> /import/buserror-data/rranjan/aspect-1.0/source/simulator/nullspace.cc:210:
> error: using ‘typename’ outside of template
> /import/buserror-data/rranjan/aspect-1.0/source/simulator/nullspace.cc:211:
> error: using ‘typename’ outside of template

Your compiler is strictly speaking correct, and we missed this because
the compiler versions we used did not produce an error. The solution is
to simply remove the 'typename' words in the lines indicated above and
continue the compilation process.

You do realize that there is now a release 1.1?

Best
  Wolfgang

Wolfgang Bangerth               email:            bangerth at math.tamu.edu