[CIG-MC] Help in CitcomS initial conditions

tan2 tan2tan2 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 20 19:10:14 PDT 2016

On Mon, Apr 18, 2016 at 8:53 PM, ELISA FIERRO <elisa.fierro at unicam.it>
wrote:

>    -   which is the dimensional value of 1 for T? Using this formula T=
>    Δ(T'+T0'), T should correspond to 4000 °K if I put ΔT= (4000 -
>    298.15)....is that correct?

This is correct.

>    - does the *z_lith *parameter (that in the code it is set to 0.015)
>    updates dynamically during the run?

No, z_lith is fixed during the whole run. It is used to define the
viscosity layer and is not related to temperature.

Maybe you are confusing it with lith_age_depth?

>    - why doesn't my temperature profile change in the output? It gives me
>    1 for every depth greater than about 170-180 km and values smaller than 1
>    for lower depths.

There are many possible reasons and it is hard to tell what went wrong in
your model.  You can look at lib/Lith_age.c and insert a few print
statement to debug the situation.