[CIG-MC] ConMan issues report

Leonardo S. Cassará leonardo10 at astro.ufrj.br
Tue Aug 16 16:34:30 PDT 2016

Dear ConMan developers and maintainers,

I am writing on mine and Professor Wladimir Lyra’s behalf, currently
researching on icy convection.

We downloaded and installed ConMan from both the git repository conman.git
and via the direct tar link
https://geodynamics.org/cig/software/conman/ConMan-2.0.0.tar.gz. However,
both ways gave us issues that I would like to address here:

1- When installing via the git repository, the src directory lacks the libs
folder, which we had to take from the installation via tar in order to
compile.

2- After compiling (using the git repository installation + libs folder
from tar), we could not run the code by following the instructions. Here is
the output of our trial:

:~/ConMan/conman/cookbook1$ ../src/conman.pic < run.bb1a50
Segmentation fault (core dumped)

We are either missing something or there is an installation problem that we
alone cannot solve. I hope this report helps the ConMan team to make the
code even better. We appreciate any attention given to this case.

Thanks in advance,
Leonardo S. Cassara