[CIG-MC] ConMan issues report

John Naliboff jbnaliboff at ucdavis.edu
Wed Aug 17 14:38:18 PDT 2016

Dear Leondardo,

There is indeed an issue with the GitHub version of ConMan, thank you for the reminder ;)

We will push a patch to github in the next few days and let you know when it is ready to download and install.

On your end, what operating system are you trying to install ConMan on?  The updated version of ConMan should compile and run successfully on linux if you use the gfortran64 compiler and associated Makefile.

The code does compile successfully with the 32-bit compiler, but will crash upon execution.  This seems consistent with your error?

If you are running on a mac, more testing/debugging may be required.

A bit off topic, but is there a particular reason you choose ConMan?  ASPECT might be a better choice if you would like to run in parallel, do 3D simulations, use adaptive mesh refinement, etc.

There is nothing you can do ConMan that cannot be  easily duplicated in ASPECT.  Happy to help you get setup with ASPECT if you would like to try it out.

Anyhow, we will get ConMan updated in the next day or two.

Cheers,
John

Assistant Project Scientist, CIG
Earth & Planetary Sciences Dept., UC Davis