[CIG-MC] AGU's new data policy

Lorraine Hwang ljhwang at ucdavis.edu
Tue Mar 6 07:28:48 PST 2018

Currently CIG maintains a zenodo community:
	https://zenodo.org/communities/geodynamics/?page=1&size=20 <https://zenodo.org/communities/geodynamics/?page=1&size=20>

The current description indicates that:

This community is intended for use for codes in the CIG repository and their associated research products

as it was initiated to grab DOIs for code.  Should the scope be broaden?  What are the pro’s and cons’s? This is an issue across our communities.

AGU guidance is currently what is considered Best Practices though I agree that spreading it across repo’s does not encourage discovery by other means than direct DOI link.

Best,
-Lorraine

Lorraine Hwang, Ph.D.
Associate Director, CIG