[CIG-MC] Issues configuring CitcomS with PHDF5

Jones, Matthew matthew_jones at brown.edu
Thu Sep 20 15:18:28 PDT 2018

Hello,

I'm a graduate student in Earth/Planetary Sciences that is trying to
configure CitcomS with HDF5. My understanding of what needs to be done is
that I need to specify the PHDF5 library/directory when configuring
CitcomS, and then CitcomS will automatically handle everything related to
HDF5 output from there as long as I specify the output to be in HDF5
format. However, after installing HDF5 with the --enable-parallel argument,
I see no PHDF5 library in the HDF5 installation directory, and when I
specify the HDF5 /bin as the PHDF5_HOME for configuration of CitcomS, I
still get the "parallel HDF5 library not found" error. The printed messages
directly before the error are:

    checking for library containing H5Fopen... -lhdf5
    checking for library containing H5Pset_dxpl_mpio... no

I've also attached the output from the failed ./configure. For what it's
worth, I have CitcomS set up and working at a basic level and so far it's
just the HDF5 component that's giving me trouble! Hopefully you can provide
some assistance in this? If there's any additional information that would
be helpful, let me know!

Best wishes,
Matt Jones

Matt Jones
PhD Student
Brown University
Dept. of Earth, Environmental, and Planetary Sciences
Planetary Geosciences Group
matthew_jones at brown.edu