[CIG-SEISMO] PS regarding Re: Help

Dimitri Komatitsch dimitri.komatitsch at univ-pau.fr
Tue Aug 4 03:40:05 PDT 2009

PS: It seems that the analytical code has now been released open source:

http://www.spice-rtn.org/library/software/EX2DDIR

You can therefore get it from there.

I will also put it in the next tar file of SPECFEM2D.

Dimitri.

Dimitri Komatitsch wrote:

> Dear xhl2007,
>
> I will send you the code to compute the 2D analytical separately.
> It is a code we got from a group in Denmark, the reference to cite is:
>
> @INCOLLECTION{BeIfNiSk94,
>   author = {P. Berg and F. If and P. Nielsen and O. Skovegaard},
>   title = {Analytic reference solutions},
>   booktitle = {Modeling the Earth for oil exploration, Final report of
> the CEC's GEOSCIENCE~I Program 1990-1993},
>   publisher = {Pergamon Press, Oxford, United Kingdom},
>   year = {1994},
>   editor = {K. Helbig},
>   pages = {421-427}}
>
> We could even consider putting it in the distribution but I need to make
> sure it is open source (it was written around 1991 and there is no
> information about copyright or licensing in the header; I will try to
> contact the authors to see if they released it under GNU GPL since then).
>
> Best regards,
> Dimitri.
>
> xhl2007 at mail.ustc.edu.cn wrote:
>> Dear Dimitri Komatitsch:
>>       I am very appreciated your work.I am doing some research using
>> the 2D SEM
>>  program.I have read some paper written by you.As you say,SEM has a
>> high precision
>> and the calculation result is accurate comparing with the analytical
>> answer.Now I
>> want to prove it myself.However,I only find the analytical answer
>> under the 3D
>> condition in the elastic medium in the "Quantity Seismology" written
>> by AKI.Could
>> you give me an analytical answer under the 2D condition or give me a
>> method to
>> prove the high precision of the SEM.
>>       Thank you! Looking forward to your reply.

Dimitri Komatitsch - dimitri.komatitsch aT univ-pau.fr
Professor, University of Pau, Institut universitaire de France,
CNRS and INRIA Magique3D, France   http://www.univ-pau.fr/~dkomati1