[CIG-SEISMO] [BULK] A question about xcombine_vol_data

Qinya Liu liuqinya at gmail.com
Fri Apr 23 08:07:49 PDT 2010

Hi Li,

Details are on Page 32 of the manual:

http://www.geodynamics.org/cig/software/packages/seismo/specfem3d-globe/manual_SPECFEM3D_GLOBE.pdf

and please also refer to the usage message when you just type
xcombine_vol_data.

An example of xcombine_vol_data:

xcombine_vol_data slice_list vs . . 0 1

which combines the proc*vs.bin files of slices in slice_list (listed row by
row) for the crust+mantle (region 1)  in low-resolution.

Once you obtain the .mesh file, you can use mesh2vtu.pl to convert it to vtu
which can then be visualized in paraview (To compile mesh2vtu code, you need
the vtk libraries)

But I believe if you just want to visualize vs files, using SAVE_MESH_FILES
flag in the Par_file may be more helpful, please refer to section 7.1 for
more details.

Good luck,
Qinya