[CIG-SEISMO] How to get GMT files of movie and shakemap?

胡元鑫 huanduh at gmail.com
Wed Aug 25 10:21:05 PDT 2010

Dear Pieyre,

Thank you for your quick replies.

I am reading the code "create_movie_shakemap_AVS_DX_GMT.f90" for
getting the output. I found that the code in SPECFEM3D_SESAME could
not get GMT file. Because I will use shakemap in ARCGIS, I must get
GMT *.xyz files since openDX usage is restricted and only allows
viewing of files. Can I replace the code with old code
"create_movie_shakemap_AVS_DX_GMT.f90" in SPECFEM3D-1.4.3 because that
the old one can get GMT files?

Can I use the script plot_shakemap.pl and movie2gif.pl in
/UTILS/Visualization/GMT/ to convert the binary movie and shakemap
data into GMT xyz files? But I don't know what is the lib (
'/opt/seismo-util/lib/perl' ) in the two script.

Best regards,

Hu Yuanxin