[CIG-SEISMO] Is there a need for running generate_databases.f90 after using meshfem3D?

Dimitri Komatitsch dimitri.komatitsch at univ-pau.fr
Thu Jul 15 15:28:06 PDT 2010

Dear Pieyre, dear all,

I think writing all the database files to the main directory
and then having to manually move them to the "DATABASES_MPI"
subdirectory is not a good idea; they should be written there automatically.

Therefore, could you please modify the SVN source code?
(adding "LOCAL_PATH" to the file name should work I guess).

Thank you,
Dimitri.

On 07/02/2010 06:00 PM, Pieyre Le Loher wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Yes, after running meshfem3D, you need to move the the proc****_Database
> in SPECFEM3D/DATABASES_MPI and then run xgenerate_databases in order to
> create the proc****bin files. Then you can run xspecfem3D.
>
> Best regards.
>
> Pieyre Le Loher
>

>> Hello,
>>
>> According to advice of Pieyre, I have run meshfed3D in
>> SPECFEM3D/meshfem3D/
>> because I have not CUBIT.  The steps are shown as follows:
>> cd meshfem3D;
>> ./configure FC=ifort MPIFC=mpif90;
>> make meshfem3D;
>> mpiexec -n 4 ./xmeshfem3D.
>> After the executing was finished , I got some files such as
>> output_mesher.txt, mesh_quality_histogram.txt,
>> plot_mesh_quality_histogram.gnu and proc*****_Database. Is there a need
>> for
>> running generate_databases.f90 to create proc****_Database.bin?
>>
>> Best regards,
>>
>> Hu Yuanxin
>> 2010-7-1

Dimitri Komatitsch - dimitri.komatitsch aT univ-pau.fr
Professor, University of Pau, Institut universitaire de France,
CNRS and INRIA Magique3D, France   http://www.univ-pau.fr/~dkomati1