[CIG-SEISMO] python problem with SPECFEM3D_GLOBE

Yang Zhang yzhan at umich.edu
Mon Jun 21 20:25:53 PDT 2010

Dear folks,

I am currently running parallels using SPECFEM3D_GLOBE, and there's a
problem that keep bother me with my runs. I found that at some random times
the xmeshfem3D cannot work correctly and will generate python programs
(python2.4 in my case) that won't end and just hanging there, and those
pythons will crash all my later runs. Earlier I just force the pythons to
end and start over, and it will run as normal, but recently this problem
come back more frequently. I am wondering if anyone has confronted similar
situation and already came up with a solution.

Thank you very much, I appreciate any suggestions.

Best,
Yang

--
Yang Zhang