[CIG-SEISMO] two problems about SPECFEM3D_2.0

胡元鑫 huanduh at gmail.com
Tue Jun 22 08:14:54 PDT 2010

Dear Dr.Komatitsch

Firstly, thank you for your respond.
I have got the code of SPECFEM3D_2.0 from CIG by using "SVN checkout". When I read the manual of SPECFEM3D_2.0, I found that some content of the manual disagreed with the constants.h.in and Par_file.in. For example, the NEX_XI, NEX_ETA, NPROC_XI, NPROC_ETA, LATITUDE_MIN, LATITUDE_MAX, LONGITUDE_MIN, LONGITUDE_MAX and DEPTH_BLOCK_KM were deleted form Par_file.in, but these parameters were still mentioned in Chapter3 of manual. Therefor, I was confused by these variance. I have two questions about SPECFEM3D_2.0.
(1) The computed area and model depth were determined by means of LATITUDE_MIN, LATITUDE_MAX, LONGITUDE_MIN, LONGITUDE_MAX and DEPTH_BLOCK_KM in SPECFEM3D-1.4.3, then how to fix the computed area in SPECFEM3D_2.0?
(2) The dissertation "Modelling the impact of topography on seismic amplification at regional scale", written by Dita Anggraeni and downloaded from www.itc.nl/library/papers_2010/msc/aes/anggaraeni.pdf, showed that the mesh of model had been built by 16×16 and 64×64. In SPECFEM3D-1.4.3, I considered that NEX_XI and NEX_ETA could contribute to resolutions of model, but how to define the mesh resolutions in SPECFEM3D_2.0?

Best regards,

HU Yuan-xin

huanduh at gmail.com
2010-06-22