[CIG-SEISMO] Dear Sirs, i have some problems on SPECFEM2D

Dimitri Komatitsch dimitri.komatitsch at univ-pau.fr
Fri Mar 5 10:04:46 PST 2010

Dear Zilibo,

Thank you for your message. You do not need to use GID to create the
mesh if you do not want to, you can use the simpler mesh creation tool
(called meshfem2D.f90) that is included in the package.

(simply set read_external_mesh = .false. in DATA/Par_file )

zilibo wrote:
> Dear Sirs
>
>          I am a graduate student from china. My name is zilibo. I am
> using the SPECFEM2D to simulate (an)elastic seismic wave propagation . I
> have read the README_MANUAL carefully. When I try to edit input file
> “DATA/Par_file”, I confront difficulties . I don’t know how to generate
> the “mesh_file ”, “nodes_coords_file”,”materials_file ” by GID.I Can use
> the gid to construct the model(2d),but the format of file that Gid
> generating are not same as which you provide .How can I get the
> “mesh_file ” etc with the same format as yours,then make the program run
> correctly ? can you give me an example?
>
> Thank you very much
>
> Zilibo
>

>          Yours faithfully
>

>   2010/3/5

Dimitri Komatitsch - dimitri.komatitsch aT univ-pau.fr
Professor, University of Pau, Institut universitaire de France,
CNRS and INRIA Magique3D, France   http://www.univ-pau.fr/~dkomati1