[CIG-SEISMO] SPECFEM2D problem

Dimitri Komatitsch dimitri.komatitsch at univ-pau.fr
Thu May 6 09:56:06 PDT 2010

Hi Paul,

Thanks for your feedback. Indeed there is a small problem in the current
2D parallel version, Pieyre and Christina have just fixed it and we will
therefore release a new version in the next few days. We will send
everybody an announcement.

Sorry about the problem.
Thanks,

Congratulations on Marseille winning the championship last night!!!

Dimitri.

On 05/02/2010 08:41 PM, cristini wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> I have a problem with SPECFEM2D when running in parallel mode. I did an
> interface in Python between gmsh and SPEFEM2D. Everything is working
> well when runing a serial simulation but the same configuration which
> works well in serial do not work in parallel mode. This a very simple
> simulation between two homogeneous elastic media. Note that the same
> problem occur for the acoustic case. (jpeg images enclosed : *np1.gif is
> the result of a serialsimulation while *np2.gif is the result of a
> parallel simulation at the same time)
> If you have any idea.
> Best regards
> Paul Cristini

Dimitri Komatitsch - dimitri.komatitsch aT univ-pau.fr
Professor, University of Pau, Institut universitaire de France,
CNRS and INRIA Magique3D, France   http://www.univ-pau.fr/~dkomati1