[CIG-SEISMO] SPECFEM2D problem

cristini cristini at lma.cnrs-mrs.fr
Thu May 6 13:01:58 PDT 2010

Hi Dimitri,

The last svn update solved the problem. Thanks to all for the great job
with SPECFEM!
There is also a small problem. The choice of  pressure for the image
type parameter leads to a segmentation fault. All other choice is fine.
I have also several questions on the use of a plane wave as a source.
- Is it possible to choose the angle ? and for example to see the
reflection of a plane at a plane interface.
- There is a comment when choosing a plane as a source indicating that
it is possible to have an incident Rayleigh wave. How does it work ?

Paul

PS: Allez l'OM !

Dimitri Komatitsch a écrit :

> Hi Paul,
>
> Thanks for your feedback. Indeed there is a small problem in the
> current 2D parallel version, Pieyre and Christina have just fixed it
> and we will therefore release a new version in the next few days. We
> will send everybody an announcement.
>
> Sorry about the problem.
> Thanks,
>
> Congratulations on Marseille winning the championship last night!!!
>
> Dimitri.
>
> On 05/02/2010 08:41 PM, cristini wrote:
>> Dear all,
>>
>> I have a problem with SPECFEM2D when running in parallel mode. I did an
>> interface in Python between gmsh and SPEFEM2D. Everything is working
>> well when runing a serial simulation but the same configuration which
>> works well in serial do not work in parallel mode. This a very simple
>> simulation between two homogeneous elastic media. Note that the same
>> problem occur for the acoustic case. (jpeg images enclosed : *np1.gif is
>> the result of a serialsimulation while *np2.gif is the result of a
>> parallel simulation at the same time)
>> If you have any idea.
>> Best regards
>> Paul Cristini

  Paul CRISTINI  Charge de Recherche CNRS / CNRS Research Scientist
  --------
  CNRS - Laboratoire de Mecanique et d'Acoustique (UPR 7051)
  Equipe "Acoustique Sous-Marine et Ondes Sismiques" (ASMOS)
  "Underwater Acoustics and Seismic Waves" Group

  31 chemin Joseph Aiguier, F-13402 Marseille Cedex 20 - France
  mailto: cristini at lma.cnrs-mrs.fr
  phone number: +33 (0)4 91 16 42 89
  fax number: +33 (0)4 91 22 82 48
  http://www.lma.cnrs-mrs.fr/