[CIG-SEISMO] SpecFEM3DGlobe: a bug resolved - Nov. 02, 2010

Signature science0.delphin at laposte.net
Tue Nov 2 07:59:27 PDT 2010

Dear Sir:

Please find enclosed two archived (zip) files about building SpecFEM3DGlobe under Mac OS X (Snow Leopard). A source file, namely param_reader.c, issues a compilation error avoiding building your software.

In fact, two string-based functions are not taken by gcc in charge (please kindly see the GNU gcc user amnual for further informations). I have built them and integrated in the .c file. The zip file of SUCCESS includes the c file I modified.

Consequently, the compilation and overall build processess succeeded. Nevertheless, I have not yet tested the executables files. MPI compilers were those included in the packages of OpenMPI (the MPI selected and provided by APPLE) and saved in /usr/local . Please kindly note that the Fortran MPI compilers are not provided by Apple: they lacked. So, for obvious and practical purposes, I built them.

Eventually, and as soon as I have some time to spend on it, I will issue a technical report about my experience in building your sofwares with Snow Leopard, and will send it to you by email.

Many many thanks for your kind attention and for the opportunity to give us and to use your open sources for R&D purposes.

Kind regards,

Laurent Delphin, Dunkerque (EU)
LDVenture

Space Systems, Sustainable Life, & Ecosystems Advisor
Research, Survey, Design, & Management

Je crée ma boîte mail www.laposte.net