[CIG-SEISMO] SpecFEM3DGlobe: a bug resolved - Nov. 02, 2010

Dimitri Komatitsch dimitri.komatitsch at univ-pau.fr
Thu Nov 4 04:53:15 PDT 2010

Dear Mr. Delphin,

Thank you very much for your contribution, which is very useful.
I have committed it to the official version of SPECFEM3D_GLOBE on our
SVN server.

I cc Dennis McRitchie from Princeton Univ., who wrote param_reader.c, to
make sure that he agrees with the changes.

I also cc Daniel Peter because he is currently working on the
attenuation routines of SPECFEM3D.

Merci beaucoup,
Bien cordialement,

Dimitri Komatitsch.

On 11/02/2010 03:59 PM, Signature wrote:
> Dear Sir:
>
> Please find enclosed two archived (zip) files about building
> SpecFEM3DGlobe under Mac OS X (Snow Leopard). A source file, namely
> param_reader.c, issues a compilation error avoiding building your software.
>
> In fact, two string-based functions are not taken by gcc in charge
> (please kindly see the GNU gcc user amnual for further informations). I
> have built them and integrated in the .c file. The zip file of SUCCESS
> includes the c file I modified.
>
> Consequently, the compilation and overall build processess succeeded.
> Nevertheless, I have not yet tested the executables files. MPI compilers
> were those included in the packages of OpenMPI (the MPI selected and
> provided by APPLE) and saved in /usr/local . Please kindly note that the
> Fortran MPI compilers are not provided by Apple: they lacked. So, for
> obvious and practical purposes, I built them.
>
> Eventually, and as soon as I have some time to spend on it, I will issue
> a technical report about my experience in building your sofwares with
> Snow Leopard, and will send it to you by email.
>
> Many many thanks for your kind attention and for the opportunity to give
> us and to use your open sources for R&D purposes.
>
> Kind regards,
>

> Laurent Delphin, Dunkerque (EU)
>
> *LDVenture*
>
> /Space Systems, Sustainable Life, & Ecosystems Advisor/
>
> /Research, Survey, Design, & Management/
>

> Pieddemail
> <https://compte.laposte.net/inscription/index.do?jeux=201001FOOTER>

Dimitri Komatitsch - dimitri.komatitsch aT univ-pau.fr
Professor, University of Pau, Institut universitaire de France,
CNRS and INRIA Magique3D, France   http://www.univ-pau.fr/~dkomati1