[CIG-SEISMO] A bug of the SPECFEM2D

Dimitri Komatitsch dimitri.komatitsch at univ-pau.fr
Sun Oct 24 17:01:57 PDT 2010

Dear Liu Weihua,

Thank you very much for your message. I think this problem has already
been fixed a few weeks ago in the latest version, which you can get by
typing this:

svn checkout http://geodynamics.org/svn/cig/seismo/2D/SPECFEM2D/trunk
SPECFEM2D

Could you please try, and then let me know if the problem is still there
or not? If there still is a problem, I will fix it. Otherwise I will ask
the administrator of the Web site to replace the compressed tar file
that is a bit old with a new tar file based on the latest version.

Thank you,
Best regards,

Dimitri Komatitsch.

On 10/18/2010 03:27 PM, 刘卫华 wrote:
> Hi.
>
> I'm a new user of the SPECFEM2D 6.0. I want to simulate an anisotropic elastic model. But, when I run SPECFEM2D, there's an error. I find the error in the 255 line of the gmat01.f90 file. The 255 line is "write(IOUT,400) n,c11,c13,c33,c44,density,sqrt(c33/density),sqrt(c11/density),sqrt(c44/density),sqrt(c44/density),Qp,Qs
> ", which should change to "write(IOUT,400) n,c11,c13,c33,c44,density,sqrt(c33/density(1)),sqrt(c11/density(1)),sqrt(c44/density(1)),sqrt(c44/density(1)),Qp,Qs". That will be ok.
>
> I also have a question. What is the relation between the anisotropic models II(c11,c13,c33,c44) defined in Par_file and those parameters (anisotropic copper crystall parameters) in constants.h? Which kinds of anisotropic models can be simulated in the SPECFEM2D 6.0, such as VTI, HTI or others?
>
> Looking forward to your answer.
> Thank you!
>
> Liu Weihua
>
> Geophysicist
>
> RIPED-Northwest(NWGI),PetroChina
> No.535, Yanerwan Rd,Lanzhou, China  100083
>
> Phone:  0931-8686013 (office)
> Mobile: 13519619162
> Email:  liu_wh at petrochina.com.cn

Dimitri Komatitsch - dimitri.komatitsch aT univ-pau.fr
Professor, University of Pau, Institut universitaire de France,
CNRS and INRIA Magique3D, France   http://www.univ-pau.fr/~dkomati1