[CIG-SEISMO] differences between models in Mineos

nader at geophysik.uni-muenchen.de nader at geophysik.uni-muenchen.de
Mon Aug 1 11:24:45 PDT 2011

Good Day,

I am Fernanda Nader and I have posted a question to the cig-seimo maining
list about the models differences before from another email account. The
reason of this new account is that it was not possible to attached the
file from the other one.

I have been working with MINEOS for some months. I had been using
the model prem_noocean exclusively. Now I wanted to do some test changing
the model but surprisingly the amplitudes in the row seismograms are
completely different between prem_ocean and prem_noocean that are given
into the folder models in the program. The differences even of 6 orders of
magnitude and also the shape of the traces is different. It is very likely
that I am doing something wrong, but I have double checked several times
whether the inputs are the same and every thing is correct. If you have
any idea of what can be wrong  I would appreciated that.

I am attaching a .zip file.It contains one folder with the inputs and
outputs for the PREM model and the another one for the PREM model without
oceans. Both of them contain the bash script to run it and the model that
I took from the files that the program originally bring with.

Again thanks for your attention + cheers,

Maria Fernanda Nader.