[CIG-SEISMO] A problem about running SPECFEM3D_GLOBE used 1 chunk

Jenny Yan jenny.yanny at gmail.com
Thu Nov 10 06:44:54 PST 2011

 Hello there,

 I am a student from China. These days I have used SPECFEM3D_GLOBE with 6
chunks to do some calculations, it works ok.
 But when I tried to use SPECFEM3D_GLOBE with 1 chuck, the software failed,
always tell me  the wrong message like this:" mpirun noticed that process
rank 9 with PID 30291 on node node0008 exited on signal 11 (Segmentation
fault)."  Of course, I am sure that the epicenter is in the calculation
domain and ABSORBING_CONDITIONS  = .true.

Because I thought there may be no problem on parallel system, because I
just changed some parameters in the Par_file (please see in attach ), so I
carefully checked the Par_file according to Chapter 5 of the User manual,
but I can't find what's wrong.

Thank you!

Jenny