[CIG-SEISMO] A problem about running SPECFEM3D_GLOBE used 1 chunk

Dimitri Komatitsch komatitsch at lma.cnrs-mrs.fr
Thu Nov 10 08:40:44 PST 2011

Dear Jenny,

Please compile the code (i.e., rerun "configure" after editing
flags.guess, and then make all) using range checking options (for
instance -check all with Intel ifort, -fbounds-check using GNU gfortran)
in order to locate the problem more precisely, and let us know if it
tells you the line number that leads to segmentation fault.

Thank you,
Dimitri.

On 11/10/2011 03:44 PM, Jenny Yan wrote:
>   Hello there,
>   I am a student from China. These days I have used SPECFEM3D_GLOBE with
> 6 chunks to do some calculations, it works ok.
>   But when I tried to use SPECFEM3D_GLOBE with 1 chuck, the software
> failed, always tell me  the wrong message like this:" mpirun noticed
> that process rank 9 with PID 30291 on node node0008 exited on signal 11
> (Segmentation fault)."  Of course, I am sure that the epicenter is in
> the calculation domain and ABSORBING_CONDITIONS  = .true.
>
> Because I thought there may be no problem on parallel system, because I
> just changed some parameters in the Par_file (please see in attach ), so
> I carefully checked the Par_file according to Chapter 5 of the User
> manual, but I can't find what's wrong.
>
> Thank you!
>
> Jenny

Dimitri Komatitsch - komatitsch aT lma.cnrs-mrs.fr