[CIG-SEISMO] Question about SPECFEM 3D GLOBE

Dimitri Komatitsch dimitri.komatitsch at get.obs-mip.fr
Sun Oct 9 12:24:33 PDT 2011

Dear Juwan Kim,

This means that the code became unstable in the fluid (i.e., in the
outer core of the Earth). Please email us your DATA/Par_file and we will
try.

Other developers at Princeton have also recently noticed some
instabilities in the fluid region therefore we need to doublecheck.

That part of the code used to be very stable, but because we have many
developers worldwide we cannot exclude that changes made elsewhere in
the code had side effects for the fluid region.

Thank you,
Best regards,

Dimitri Komatitsch.