[CIG-SEISMO] Using xmeshfem3D in SPECFEM3D

Shahar Barak shaharb at stanford.edu
Mon Apr 9 17:03:15 PDT 2012

Hi,

I think there is a mistake in the SPECFEM3D manual:
On page 17, the NMATERIALS parameter is stated twice. Looking at the
examples, I assume its second appearance is meant to be NREGIONS and not
NMATERIALS.
Also, the manual states that each region should be defined as:
XI_begin XI_end ETA_begin ETA_end material_ID
However, in the examples, I see also two more parameters:
 #NZ_BEGIN #NZ_END
Could you please clarify this? I can't seem to run the mesher without these
parameters defined.

In addition, I am trying to simulate the 2011 Tohoku earthquake. Do you
happen to have a mesh, created with xmeshfem3D (I don't have CUBIT or
SCOTCH installed on the cluster), which includes the trench bathymetry in
that region?

Thanks,

Shahar
--