[CIG-SEISMO] Using xmeshfem3D in SPECFEM3D

Chris Morency morencychris at gmail.com
Tue Apr 10 08:06:55 PDT 2012

Hi Shahar,

You are right concerning the second NMATERIALS in the manual, it should read NREGIONS, and you also need the NZs To be defined.

As for a mesh for this area on SPECFEM3D am afraid you would have to built it, and indeed CUBIT would be the tool of choice. But others may be able to weigh in on that.

Have you tried using a couple of chunks with SPECFEM3D_GLOBE  instead ?

Christina