[CIG-SEISMO] SPECFEM3D_GLOBE unstable in fluid

Marcin Zielinski Marcin.Zielinski at sara.nl
Thu Jan 26 01:17:14 PST 2012

Dear Dimitri, others,

I think removing -qsave is not really a fix. It is merely a way around
and it will work only when the stacksize on the given machine is set by
default to unlimited, just like on our Power6 machine here in Amsterdam.
Obviously, what you can do to reassure that, is make a little script (bash):
$> cat setstacksize
ulimit -s unlimited
$*

and then run mesher/solver with:
./setstacksize bin/xmeshfem3D

Should work and should reassure us that the stack size is always set to
unlimited during the runs. Then the qsave can go away.

More over, to fix this problem permanently, it is more important, I
think, to put deallocate() for each allocate() in the code, which exists
in vast amounts in specfem3D.F90(?), for example.

best regards and good luck.