[CIG-SEISMO] SPECFEM2D adjoint calculation problem/bug(?)

Philip Knaute philip.knaute at gmail.com
Wed Jul 4 08:25:57 PDT 2012

Dear Specfem2D users and developers,

Yesterday I ran into a problem which, sadly, I wasn’t able to solve by myself.

I was trying to create sensitivity Kernels for more than one receiver
( adjoint source ) with MPI enabled.
The result I got was very surprising, so I tried to run it again on
only one processor and the result looked much more reasonable then.

Did anyone run into the same problem before and maybe found a
solution? Is it possible that there is a bug in the communication
between the processors? (something similar seems to happen with the
‘DATA/STATIONS’ file output)

I have been trying to spot the mistake/bug yesterday and today, but
without success. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Best regards,
Philip