[CIG-SEISMO] Installation problems with Specfem3D

Dimitri Komatitsch komatitsch at lma.cnrs-mrs.fr
Wed Jun 20 08:14:24 PDT 2012

Dear Vincent,

Thank you for your message. I think that your installation went well,
the messages you got seem normal. Can you try "make clean ; make all"
and let me know if everything works fine?

(no need to cc the cig-seismo list then I guess).

Thank you,
Dimitri.

On 06/20/2012 01:31 PM, Vincent PERRON wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> I work for the company Ménard in the Lyon agency directed by Mr Stéthane
> Brûlé. I need Specfem3D to simulation wave propagation at geotechnique
> scale.
> I'm a biginner in Linux and I still have installation issues.
> Here is my problem, I have install Ubuntu 12.04 LTS, gfortran, MPI
> libraries and SCOTCH but when I compile Specfem3D I obtain the following
> result :
>
> perron at perron-Latitude-D630C:~/Documents/Perron_vincent/logiciel/Specfem/SPECFEM3D_V2.0.1/SPECFEM3D$
> ./configure FC=gfortran MPIFC=mpif90
> checking whether the Fortran compiler works... yes
> checking for Fortran compiler default output file name... a.out
> checking for suffix of executables...
> *checking whether we are cross compiling... no*
> checking whether we are using the GNU Fortran compiler... yes
> checking whether gfortran accepts -g... yes
> configure: running /bin/bash flags.guess
> checking how to get verbose linking output from gfortran... -v
> checking for Fortran libraries of gfortran...
> -L/usr/lib/gcc/i686-linux-gnu/4.6
> -L/usr/lib/gcc/i686-linux-gnu/4.6/../../../i386-linux-gnu
> -L/usr/lib/gcc/i686-linux-gnu/4.6/../../../../lib -L/lib/i386-linux-gnu
> -L/lib/../lib -L/usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu -L/usr/lib/../lib
> -L/usr/lib/gcc/i686-linux-gnu/4.6/../../.. -lgfortran -lm -lquadmath
> checking for gcc... gcc
> *checking for dummy main to link with Fortran libraries... none*
> checking for Fortran name-mangling scheme... lower case, underscore, no
> extra underscore
> *checking for Fortran flag to compile .f90 files... none*
> *checking for Fortran flag needed to accept free-form source... none*
> checking for gcc... (cached) gcc
> checking whether we are using the GNU C compiler... (cached) yes
> checking whether gcc accepts -g... (cached) yes
> checking for gcc option to accept ISO C89... (cached) none needed
> checking for scotchfarchinit in -lscotch... yes
> checking whether Scotch is usable... yes
> checking whether mpif.h works... yes
> configure: creating ./config.status
> config.status: creating Makefile
> config.status: creating in_data_files/Par_file
> config.status: creating in_data_files/CMTSOLUTION
> config.status: creating in_data_files/STATIONS
> config.status: creating src/meshfem3D/Makefile
> config.status: creating src/meshfem3D/constants.h
> config.status: creating src/meshfem3D/precision.h
> config.status: creating src/decompose_mesh_SCOTCH/Makefile
> config.status: creating src/specfem3D/Makefile
> config.status: creating src/generate_databases/Makefile
> config.status: creating src/shared/constants.h
> config.status: creating src/shared/precision.h
> config.status: creating
> src/decompose_mesh_SCOTCH/scotch_5.1.11/src/Makefile.inc
> config.status: creating src/check_mesh_quality_CUBIT_Abaqus/Makefile
> config.status: creating config.h
> config.status: config.h is unchanged

> [...]

Dimitri Komatitsch - komatitsch aT lma.cnrs-mrs.fr