[CIG-SEISMO] Installation problems with Specfem3D

Vincent PERRON vincent.perron at menard-mail.com
Wed Jun 20 04:31:54 PDT 2012

Dear all,

I work for the company Ménard in the Lyon agency directed by Mr Stéthane
Brûlé. I need Specfem3D to simulation wave propagation at geotechnique
scale.
I'm a biginner in Linux and I still have installation issues.
Here is my problem, I have install Ubuntu 12.04 LTS, gfortran, MPI
libraries and SCOTCH but when I compile Specfem3D I obtain the following
result :

perron at perron-Latitude-D630C:~/Documents/Perron_vincent/logiciel/Specfem/SPECFEM3D_V2.0.1/SPECFEM3D$
./configure FC=gfortran MPIFC=mpif90
checking whether the Fortran compiler works... yes
checking for Fortran compiler default output file name... a.out
checking for suffix of executables...
checking whether we are using the GNU Fortran compiler... yes
checking whether gfortran accepts -g... yes
configure: running /bin/bash flags.guess
checking how to get verbose linking output from gfortran... -v
checking for Fortran libraries of gfortran...
-L/usr/lib/gcc/i686-linux-gnu/4.6
-L/usr/lib/gcc/i686-linux-gnu/4.6/../../../i386-linux-gnu
-L/usr/lib/gcc/i686-linux-gnu/4.6/../../../../lib -L/lib/i386-linux-gnu
-L/lib/../lib -L/usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu -L/usr/lib/../lib
-L/usr/lib/gcc/i686-linux-gnu/4.6/../../.. -lgfortran -lm -lquadmath
checking for gcc... gcc
checking whether gcc accepts -g... yes
checking for dummy main to link with Fortran libraries... none
checking for Fortran name-mangling scheme... lower case, underscore, no
extra underscore
checking for Fortran flag to compile .f90 files... none
checking for Fortran flag needed to accept free-form source... none
checking for gcc... (cached) gcc
checking whether we are using the GNU C compiler... (cached) yes
checking for gcc option to accept ISO C89... (cached) none needed
checking for scotchfarchinit  in -lscotch... yes
checking whether Scotch is usable... yes
checking whether mpif.h works... yes
configure: creating ./config.status
config.status: creating Makefile
config.status: creating in_data_files/Par_file
config.status: creating in_data_files/CMTSOLUTION
config.status: creating in_data_files/STATIONS
config.status: creating src/meshfem3D/Makefile
config.status: creating src/meshfem3D/constants.h
config.status: creating src/meshfem3D/precision.h
config.status: creating src/decompose_mesh_SCOTCH/Makefile
config.status: creating src/specfem3D/Makefile
config.status: creating src/generate_databases/Makefile
config.status: creating src/shared/constants.h
config.status: creating src/shared/precision.h
config.status: creating
src/decompose_mesh_SCOTCH/scotch_5.1.11/src/Makefile.inc
config.status: creating src/check_mesh_quality_CUBIT_Abaqus/Makefile
config.status: creating config.h
config.status: config.h is unchanged

I can send you the config.log  file if you need.
Moreover, I'm okay to met you everywhere in France to fix that problem and
have a discussion about Specfem.
Ménard accept to share the feedback of  my work with Specfem3D.

Best regards

Vincent Perron