[CIG-SEISMO] Source Time function

Jeroen Tromp jtromp at princeton.edu
Tue Apr 16 18:28:23 PDT 2013

Hi Kasper:

It's possible, but I still would recommend low passing the seismograms
to bring them within the numerical validity range. If you are doing a
similation in a finite domain, e.g., a box with three absorbing
boundaries and a free surface, then, yes, you also need to use a low
frequency cut off to account for this. Thus a bandpass is the best option.

Best regards,

Jeroen