[CIG-SEISMO] Source Time function

Dimitri Komatitsch komatitsch at lma.cnrs-mrs.fr
Fri Apr 19 04:53:23 PDT 2013

Hi Kasper,

I agree; I think it is not safe to make such an assumption about
numerical noise (because it depends on the compiler options you use and
several other things; i.e. the assumption may be OK on a given machine
but not on another).

I would also suggest switching to C-PML absorbing conditions instead of
Stacey, which leads to much better sensitivity kernels (no spurious
noise mapped back) in the case of adjoint calculations. CPML is already
available in the 2D version of the code and will be released next week
for the 3D code (the current 3D version had bugs, which we have now
fixed; we will be done testing sometime next week).

Best,
Dimitri.