[CIG-SEISMO] Seismic wave propagation modelling using SPECFM3D cartesian

Kit Chambers kit.chambers at pinntech.com
Mon Apr 22 08:35:58 PDT 2013

Hi,

Our group (the Pinnacle Imaging Group, part of Halliburton) are looking for a tool for detailed seismic wave simulation in visco-elastic 3D media.  In particular we are a interested in being able to compute  synthetic seismograms and simulate wave propagation on the reservoir scale for microseismic surveys.

I am broadly familiar with SPECFM3D and thought it might be suitable, assuming it is could I find out:

1.       Whether you grant licenses for commercial use? The software would be used in house for feasibility studies and research, we do not plan to redistribute it. Obviously if we publish due credit will be given.

2.       Does the software depend on anything else with a more restrictive license (the mesh generation appears to depend upon CUBIT)?

3.       Do you offer consulting/training/support regarding the setup for running the code? Our group all have good backgrounds in computing and seismology but we have limited experience with spectral element codes. I'm just trying to see if there are options for making the learning process quicker.

If you would like to know more about what we do and or plan to use the code feel feel free to give us a call.

Cheers

Kit

Kit Chambers
Technology Leader - Microseismic Imaging
W: +44 (0)1224 793300
M: +44 (0)7738029936

This e-mail, including any attached files, may contain confidential and privileged information for the sole use of the intended recipient.  Any review, use, distribution, or disclosure by others is strictly prohibited.  If you are not the intended recipient (or authorized to receive information for the intended recipient), please contact the sender by reply e-mail and delete all copies of this message.