[CIG-SEISMO] creating mesh file for a pipe model

胡久鹏 snowtree at yeah.net
Wed Apr 24 20:03:54 PDT 2013

Dear Dimitri,

The initial tentative plan is that the water-filled pipe has three surfaces, free condition for the lateral surface of the pipe and  absorbing condition for top and bottom surfaces.
As you said, I suppose in cubit the lateral surface could be named as 'face_top' and the other two surfaces named as xmin and xmax when creating blocks.
And then use the script cubit2specfem3d.py to obtain mesh files.
I will try immediately to find out if the SPECFEM3D works. Wait for my result please.

Many thanks!
Volan Hu