[CIG-SEISMO] SPECFEM3D : "error in computing normal for receivers."

Shahar Barak shaharb at stanford.edu
Wed Jan 2 15:27:52 PST 2013

Hi,

I want to have my stations pined to the surface of the mesh when running
SPECFEM3D.
To do that I set RECVS_CAN_BE_BURIED_EXT_MESH = .false. in constants.h
However, when I do that I get the following error:
error in computing normal for receivers.

I've tried switching b/w EXT_MESH_RECV_NORMAL = .true.
and EXT_MESH_RECV_NORMAL = .false., but I still get the same error.
Any ideas what am I doing wrong?

Thanks,

Shahar Barak
Crustal Geophysics Research Group
Department of Geophysics, Stanford University
397 Panama Mall, Stanford CA 94305-2215
Mitchell Building, room 463
Office: (650) 725 8229
Cell: (650) 276 6169