[CIG-SEISMO] Asking SPECFEM2D SU format

Jungrak SON jrson2011 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 8 10:18:49 PDT 2013

To whom it may concern,

Hi, My name is Jungrak Son who is MS student in Texas and have tried to use
SPECFEM2D. Thankfully I found this precious software package and decided to
prepare my thesis with using it. I made my own examples successfully, but I
still have a little problem.

What I have done is below.

<<  SU_FORMAT = .true.   # output single precision binary seismograms in
Seismic Unix format   >>

I also make <<  save_binary_seismograms_single = . true.  >> .

However, I cannot find any file of extension *.su . I couldn't open "
Ux_file_single.bin " and " Uz_file_single.bin " . I know how to get
seismogram in ASCII format, using xmgrace, but I need to open it Seismic
Unix.

One more thing, Can I use CUBIT not only for 3D but for 2D? The external 2D
mesh example "canyon" was a little different from CUBIT output file and I
could not find any python files in the package. Actually I am very good at
using CUBIT, but SPECFEM3D seems much difficult to understand.

I'm sorry to bother you, but studying SPECFEM alone is a little tough.
Would you please help me to overcome these problem? Thanks for considering.

Sincerely,

- Jungrak Son