[CIG-SEISMO] SPECFEM3D Cartesian model_external_values

Florian Schumacher florian.schumacher at rub.de
Wed Jun 12 10:44:23 PDT 2013

Hallo,

I am developing a program suite which has SPECFEM3D Cartesian support.

I noticed that from release 2.0.2 on (i.e. also in the current developer
version) some functionality of user external models (as handled by
model_external_values.f90), which is important to me, is no longer
supported:

On enter of subroutine model_external_values (in
model_external_values.f90) the incoming dummy variables rho,vp,vs etc.
do no longer contain the default model values (as defined e.g. in CUBIT).
Thus, a superposition of some model update onto a default model is no
longer possible, as for every GLL point, subroutine
model_external_values is eventually called (in get_model_values) with
initial 0. model values (no call to model_default before).

Did you intent to lose this functionality? I was wandering, because
comments in the code still refer to it (cf. model_external_values.f90
(revision 21822, lines 30-31), get_model.f90 (revision 21822, line 447))

Thanks for answering!
Florian