[CIG-SEISMO] Simple Asking SPECFEM2D

Dimitri Komatitsch komatitsch at lma.cnrs-mrs.fr
Wed Nov 6 02:25:12 PST 2013

Hi all,

Yes, as in any numerical technique based on time stepping we need to
shift the source by a constant t0 > 0 in order to have a medium at rest
when we start the simulation at t = 0; we then subtract that t0 when we
save the seismograms.

If negative times are a problem for your processing scripts, just edit
all the ASCII seismogram files and remove all the values for which time
is negative at the beginning of the file (it is safe to do that).