[CIG-SEISMO] Mineos synthetics: creating .site and .sitechan files

Januka Attanayake jattanayake at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 14 04:08:37 PST 2013

Hello,
I just completed a couple of successful test runs with Mineos software using example input files. I would like to start creating synthetics for my own work and have trouble creating .site and .sitechan relations. The documentation for creating these is not clear to me. I tried using rdseed but can't seem to create the needed relations. Can someone please send me instructions as to how I could generate these two relations from a seed volume using rdseed? I felt that this is an area where Mineos documentation can be improved.

Many thanks !

Januka.

_______________
Serenity isn't freedom from the storm, but peace within the storm

Januka Attanayake
Postdoctoral Research Associate
Laboratório de Sismologia
Departamento de Física