[CIG-SEISMO] confusion about SPECFEM and GEOCUBIT repositories

David Luet luet at princeton.edu
Fri Nov 8 12:38:36 PST 2013

If that's fine with everyone, I propose we do it on Monday .
I'll work with Eric for the specifics of the implementation we want.
Best,
David

On Fri, Nov 8, 2013 at 3:18 PM, Dimitri Komatitsch <
komatitsch at lma.cnrs-mrs.fr> wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> Let us quickly switch to a single repository because the current situation
> is becoming difficult to manage.
>
> Thanks,
> Best regards,
>
> Dimitri.
>

> On 11/08/2013 09:13 PM, emanuele casarotti wrote:
>
>> Hi Brad
>>
>> Specfem3d and geocubit are currently in the svn CIG repository. We are
>> planning to start the transition to CIG github umbrella next week.
>> In the homogeneous examples there is a full example of using the new
>> workflow.
>>
>> I stopped to use my own geocubit GitHub but I'm referring  to it for
>> the wiki part since could be useful for installation and examples (it
>> is my first contribution to the  official wiki).
>>
>> More examples are in my Dropbox (Dimitri have already mentioned to
>> include them urgently under the cig umbrella ... I'm working on it but
>> I don't want mess up the upcoming github transition so I was thinking
>> to start next week)
>>
>> Regards,
>> Emanuele
>>
>>  Il giorno 08/nov/2013, alle ore 19:53, Brad Aagaard <baagaard at usgs.gov>
>>> ha scritto:
>>>
>>> SPECFEM and GEOCUBIT developers,
>>>
>>> I realize the repositories may be under migration to GitHub, but as
>>> someone who is trying to follow SPECFEM and GEOCUBIT development, I am
>>> confused as to what the definitive repositories are. Dimitri recently
>>> referred to GitHub repos, Emanuele is referring to the CIG SCPECFEM SVN
>>> repository and his own GitHub GEOCUBIT repository. I don't see any SPECFEM
>>> or GEOCUBIT stuff under the CIG GitHub umbrella (github.com/geodynamics
>>> ).
>>>
>>> What are the current repositories for usable versions of SPECFEM and
>>> GEOCUBIT? Is there something holding you up in migrating everything to the
>>> CIG GitHub umbrella?
>>>
>>> For PyLith, we found the transition very smooth and have found the PETSc
>>> Git workflow (https://bitbucket.org/petsc/petsc/wiki/Home) to be
>>> extremely useful. Bleeding edge development can occur independently in
>>> branches while maintaining a stable 'master' branch with the latest known
>>> working features.
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>> Brad

> --
> Dimitri Komatitsch
> CNRS Research Director (DR CNRS), Laboratory of Mechanics and Acoustics,
> UPR 7051, Marseille, France    http://komatitsch.free.fr

David Luet
Linux Administrator/Software & Programming Analyst
Princeton University
Department of Geosciences & PICSciE
PICSciE         (9 am - 1 pm):  609-258-8194
Geosciences (1 - 5 pm):        609-258-7945