[CIG-SEISMO] Cubit to Specfem3d

s.khan-1 at utwente.nl s.khan-1 at utwente.nl
Fri Sep 6 07:41:41 PDT 2013

Dear GIG memeber!

I am using SPECFEM3D with Cubit. At the initial stage, I faced problem with executing the example provided by CIG with the SPECFEM3D. Thanks to Carl who informed that this is something related to compatibility between different version of SPECFEM and Cubit. I was provided with a cubit2specfem.py file for replacement, which I did, but nothing good happened. Now I have made some simple (synthetic) geometrical models in Cubit. Defined the boundary conditions and material properties. The files are saved as *.cub. I want to bring these file to SPECFEM3D for simulation but I am unable to figure out how can this be made possible. How am I gonna fix the scale?

I will be grateful for guidance and support in this regard. Thanks in advance.

Kind regards,
Saad Khan