[CIG-SEISMO] Illegal instruction when creating shake map movie

Hicks, Stephen S.Hicks at liverpool.ac.uk
Thu Sep 26 03:14:30 PDT 2013

Dear all,

I have successfully run a 3D simulation using SPECFEM3D and the moviedata????? files have been successfully written.

I am trying to to create a shakemap movie, but after inputting the movie parameters into xcreate_movie_shakemap_AVS_DX_GMT, I receive an error.

After xcreate_movie_shakemap_AVS_DX_GMT asks for the movie type (Norm of velocity / velocity x-comp / velocity y-comp / velocity z-comp etc), it then correctly displays the number of elements at the surface ('there are a total of 972000 elements at the surface'). Then it starts to read snapshots: 'reading snapshot time step   30    out of    10000'.

However, I then get an 'Illegal instruction' error, which implies a Fortran runtime error.

Has anyone seen this before?
Any assistance would be gratefully appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Steve
Stephen P. Hicks
PhD Student