[CIG-SEISMO] Examples in new version not updated.

John Cooper nhojcooper at gmail.com
Sun Aug 17 14:23:29 PDT 2014

Dear Carl,

Thanks for responding. The run_this_example works fine. The problem comes
when I make mesh and then want to use  boundary_definition, give "indent"
errors. I define it manually but the same is the case with cubit2specfem3d.
so I can't export even if I make define boundary conditions manually.I
guess there is problem with the paths somewhere, but could not understand
where i could be.

J.

cig-seismo-bounces at geodynamics.org; on behalf of; Carl Tape <
carltape at gi.alaska.edu>

Sent: Tue 8/12/2014 8:42 PM

To: cig-seismo at geodynamics.org

> Dear John,

> Did you try the default example? As far as I know, this has been working,
and the instructions

> there should match the names of the scripts. (The process.sh script has
been gone since

> before your email.) I just now checked everything in the latest
developmental version (including

> generating the mesh).

> The checkout command is:

> git clone --branch devel https://github.com/geodynamics/specfem3d.git

> It is possible that the other examples do need updating, but it's always
best to make sure that > the default example works for you.

> We certainly want to have functional instructions, so thank you for your
feedback!

On Fri, Jul 25, 2014 at 5:50 PM, John Cooper <nhojcooper at gmail.com> wrote:

> Dear SPECFEM Dev,

> I am shifting from the old version to the new stable version. But I

> found that the EXAMPLES are not updated accordingly with the changes.

> boundary_definition, cubit2specfem3d and process.sh are no more

> available (with the examples) but the README is still the same as was

> for the old version. Therefore I guess, it's no more the same, where

> we use e.g mesh_mount.py to create and export in one go. process.sh is

> mentioned but not available. Would it be possible to have updated

> version of instructions that could help us in knowing what procedural
changes are made?

CIG-SEISMO at geodynamics.org