[CIG-SEISMO] MINEOS synthetic amplitudes

Martin van Driel vandriel at tomo.ig.erdw.ethz.ch
Thu Feb 20 23:59:47 PST 2014

Dear All,

I made some frustrating experience with MINEOS as well: Though I guess
Ana is right for long periods, going to shorter periods then maybe 50s
or so is not stable in my opinion. However, the manual gives the
impression it would be possible by showing examples down to 5s (B.3). I
tried hard to reproduce these examples a while ago, and I think I found
an answer in the CIG mail archive at some point that these examples
where not computed using the version of MINEOS that is available on the
web. I wasted a month at least on this and I know of others having a
similar experience (again it should be archived).

On the other hand, of course it can be quite a useful for long period
applications. So in my opinion, at least the manual should be more clear
about what is actually possible to compute with MINEOS.

Cheers,
Martin