[CIG-SEISMO] Specfem3D installation instructions for Mac

Peter Danecek Peter.Danecek at bo.ingv.it
Thu Jan 9 14:24:26 PST 2014

Alesandra,

I do not recall particular issues with the compilation on MacOS. It behaves very much like a normal Unix system. You just need to get some Fortran compiler (not available with Xcode) and a MPI library. I usually use gcc and openmpi from Macports, but there are other choices as well.

Just make sure the right compilers are chosen during the ./configure step. If you still encounter problems probably the best way to get more help would be to give some details on the problems you encounter, e.g. error messages your configuration etc.

Good luck!
~petr