[CIG-SEISMO] cubit2specfem3d export

emanuele casarotti emanuele.casarotti at gmail.com
Mon Jan 13 11:50:43 PST 2014

Hi
Can you share the scripta and the volumes?
And the version of cubit...

Emanuele

Il giorno 13/gen/2014, alle ore 19:47, "s.khan-1 at utwente.nl" <
s.khan-1 at utwente.nl> ha scritto:

  Dear All,

The boundary_definition.py script does not catch my topographic surface. I
have to define it manually after running the script
(boundary_definition.py). Then I export the mesh with
run_cubit2specfem3d.py, which says

:

Writing MESH/free_surface_file.....

  block name: face_topo id: 2

  number of faces =  0

:

:

# all files needed by SCOTCH are now in directory MESH

Rest of the process goes smoothly and I also get result in the OUTPUT. The
question is, what does “number of face=0” mean any does it affect the
results?

Another thing, when I use very fine mesh (e.g. mesh interval 3000) the
result (in seismograms) produces a lot of NaNs and at some places
Infinities. Why is it so?

Note: The topo surface has been modified while the rest of geo model is the
same as given in homogeneous_halfspace example. The topo surface is made of
several surfaces which are combined to one using simplify option in cubit.
I am using SPECFEM3D_Cartesian 2.1.

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,

Saad Khan