[CIG-SEISMO] A question on SPECFEM3D

Dimitri Komatitsch komatitsch at lma.cnrs-mrs.fr
Wed Jun 4 15:06:08 PDT 2014

Hi,

The internal mesher uses linear interpolation between the bottom and top
surfaces, thus each of them can be titled and even have significant
topography, but they cannot cross (otherwise the Jacobian becomes
negative). In such a case you need to switch to CUBIT, Gmsh, GiD or similar.

Best wishes,
Dimitri.