[CIG-SEISMO] specfem2d format for model_velocity.dat_input?

Armitage, John John.Armitage at rhul.ac.uk
Fri Jun 6 02:16:12 PDT 2014

Hi,

Could someone explain the structure of the file model_velocity.dat_input for specfem2d?

I want to propagate a wave through a 2-D solid region where I know Vp, Vs and rho. I see that I can make specfem2d use an external model, yet from the example Tape2007 I cannot work out why a grid of known velocities etc for 40 by 40 elements with 40 spectral elements becomes only 40000 lines long.

Thanks,
John

--
John Armitage
Royal Astronomical Society Research Fellow

john.armitage at rhul.ac.uk
tel. (France) +33 (0)1 83 95 78 12