[CIG-SEISMO] modeling layers with variation in the thickness using internal mesher

Dimitri Komatitsch komatitsch at lma.cnrs-mrs.fr
Mon Jun 9 09:44:55 PDT 2014

Hi,

In principle yes the internal mesher can be used. In practice however
the quality of the mesh you will get will largely depend on the
thickness variation of the top layer (if it varies a lot then mesh
quality may tend to be poor, in which case an external mesher such as
CUBIT/TRELIS or Gmsh for instance would perform better).

Dimitri.