[CIG-SEISMO] cloning of specfem2d/specfem3d example folder fails

Michael Gineste michael.gineste at math.ntnu.no
Thu Jun 12 01:48:21 PDT 2014

Hi,

When using the git commands as presented on the websites for downloading
either specfem2d or specfem3d, it always fails in fetching the examples
folders.
The git output is:
Cloning into 'EXAMPLES'...
fatal: unable to connect to vcs.geodynamics.org:
vcs.geodynamics.org[0: 128.120.246.86]: errno=Connection refused

The recursive flag is used, and I've tried this with both the master and
devel branches, and the server does respond to pinging.
Do you have an idea of what is happening, and what I do wrong?
Thanks in advance.

Best regards,

Michael Gineste
PhD student, Department of Mathematical Sciences
Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU)
NO-7491 Trondheim, Norway