[CIG-SEISMO] GEOTECH issue

Hom N. Gharti hgharti at Princeton.EDU
Mon Jun 16 08:16:05 PDT 2014

Hi Steven,

Creating model and mesh in CUBIT for geotech is identical to SPECFEM 3D. Only difference is how to define boundary conditions since the BCs for geotech problems are slightly different from wave propagation problems (See "cubit_example.jou"). Additionally, geotech uses a slightly different file formats which you can generate using exodus2sem tool included in the utilities/ folder.

Here, I attach an example CUBIT journal file "cubit_example.jou" and a step-by-step guide "CubitExampleForSPECFEM3D_GEOTECH.pdf". I hope it helps.

Best,
Hom Nath
________________________________
From: cig-seismo-bounces at geodynamics.org [cig-seismo-bounces at geodynamics.org] on behalf of ºú†´å¹ [huzheqian at gmail.com]
Sent: Sunday, June 08, 2014 9:33 PM
To: cig-seismo at geodynamics.org
Subject: [CIG-SEISMO] GEOTECH issue

Hello professors ,

Now ,I use the specfem_geotech to analyse the solpe stability .
But ,the mannal are not as clear as the specfem 3D ,I used it before . the specfem 3D give a whole process example ,like  deal with DEM ,how to build 3D model in cubit ¡­and post-process ,it is very useful and easy to follow for us ,beginer .could you give us a specific example ,so we could learn and use it easily .

Thank you !

Steven Hu